I built this really great app to allow email recipients to unsubscribe from all emails sent through Salesforce, but it hasn’t been exactly easy to set up or use. Introducing the first upgrade which makes it much more user friendly!
With the upgrade, your Salesforce users can now pull a merge field into their Lightning and Classic email templates to include the Unsubscribe Link. Bam. No more having to modify and clone confusing email templates.
Follow these steps to drastically improve the Unsubscribe Link app!
- Install Unsubscribe Link from AppExchange v1.11, if you haven’t already.
- Follow all the instructions here for setting that up.
- Copy your Site domain that you set up for this app.
- Install this unmanaged package. Note it has NOT gone through Salesforce security review yet.
- In Setup, search for and click on Custom Metadata Types.
- Click Manage Records to the left of Unsubscribe Link.
- Click Unsubscribe.
- In Site Domain, paste in the Site Domain you copied earlier (see image below). Don’t include anything else like “http://” or “https://” or “/Unsubscribe/”.
- In Our Organization, type in the name of your organization or company. This will appear in the Unsubscribe Link in emails you send out. If blank, the link will say “Click here to unsubscribe from all email from our organization.” So if your company is called Benji’s Elephant Hats put “Benji’s Elephant Hats” (no quotes) in this field.
- Make sure appropriate users have access to the fields “Unsubscribe Link” on Contact and Lead objects.
That’s it! Show your users how to add the Unsubscribe Link whenever they want to their emails or email templates.
How It Works
The package includes a Custom Metadata type to store your Site Domain and organization name. Those are pulled into formula fields on the Contact and Lead objects.
Trailhead: Constituent Email Management (I helped! It’s NPSP focused, but applicable to everyone).